False fangs for costumes Halloween can be done with acrylic dental. The dental acrylic comes in a powder hardens once a liquid is added thereto. The process of making your own fangs required to make impressions of your teeth in alginate.
Dental impression is made in a plaster cast and then another impression is used to make fangs. To make a mold of your teeth, you can make a set of teeth that fit your teeth perfectly.
- Measure 2 ounces (56 grams) of dental alginate is prepared in 3 minutes with a kitchen scale. Place in a large bowl alginate. Add 2 ounces (56 grams) of water in the alginate. Mix well with a wooden stick until mostly smooth. The dental alginate will have small lumps when fully mixed, because it is its normal texture. Fill the edge of the dental tray with alginate; leaves a space in the back of the tray so that the alginate can be moved there as you push down with your teeth and does not overflow at the back of the mouth.
- Place the tray in the mouth and leave for 3 minutes. Slowly and carefully pull it out of your mouth. There may be some alginate suction against your teeth, so do not force it, just take the tray slowly.
- Inspects the impression of your teeth to make sure they were taken correctly. If it were not, make another impression with a new batch of alginate. Place the dental tray with alginate impression in a small bowl of water. Apply a little Vaseline to the dental tray and tries to make half the impression tray to prevent the mold that you are about to make stick.
- Place 3 ounces (85 grams) of water in a large bowl. Add 3 ounces (85g) of dental amalgam in water. Mix until a creamy consistency with a wooden stick paint. Remove the alginate impression in the dental tray water and pat dry with a paper towel. Slowly fills the alginate impression amalgam. Use the stick to push it gently into all cracks and holes printing and eliminates air bubbles. Tap the bottom of the full while to get rid of air bubbles tray. Fill the dental base by adjusting the way. Wait 4 minutes for the amalgam thickens.
- Place the print tray filled amalgam backhand on the shape of the dental base. Wait 3 days for the material is fully seated and pull the plaster mold alginate. Lina rough or sharp edges that formed at the edges of the mold.
- Apply a uniform layer of aluminum dental separator with a paint brush. Wait 30 minutes for it to dry. Roll a piece of 1 inch (1.27 centimeters) clay nontoxic, non-hardening and sulfur health modeling, as Kelan Clay, tube-shaped and one end pressed up against a cusped or where want to use the tusk. Sculpt and shaping clay in fang, the closest you can get to the way you want it to look. Fang should be 1.5 times larger than the actual tooth. Make another fang clay for your other tusk.
- Make a temporary mold fangs with dental alginate. Mixing 2 ounces (56 grams) of dental alginate with 2 ounces (56 grams) of water. Fill the tray with dental alginate, and then carefully insert the amalgam with modeling clay tusk in the alginate. Press down until the gum line is covered with the alginate. Wait 3 minutes to establish. Remove the tray full of alginate amalgam. Remove the clay itself. Brushed aluminum separator teeth were covered by the fangs and let it dry.
- Fang fills the cavity in the mold of alginate with white powder dental acrylic. Use a pipette to add two drops of dental acrylic liquid. Stir the powder and the liquid in the cavity of the canine with a toothpick. As soon as the dust has dissolved in the liquid, insert the lab stone mold of your teeth in the mold with liquid acrylic alginate. This will make a fang acrylic and an impression of your teeth inside the fang acrylic so it is a good choice for teeth. Press and printing mold for 15 minutes. Remove the mold and printing separately. Strip acrylic fangs.
- Use a Dermal tool with fine sanding wheel to smooth the edges of the acrylic fangs. Tilts the upper edges of the fang with sanding wheel where it will touch your gums to make it look as if growing from your gums like natural teeth. Lima rough edges that may have formed along the top of the tusks. Use a grinding tool in your Dermal to polish the teeth.
- Prove yourself fangs. If they are too loose, add a small amount of white powder of dental acrylic and a drop of water with the pipette. Monte fangs into the model of your teeth and wait 15 minutes for the acrylic adjustment. Lina fangs down and try to reuse. Wait 24 hours. Apply clear nail polish on the tusks to create a glossy finish.