Have a question about what they can bring to your life dental implants? You still are not convinced that for you? This article explores some advantages and disadvantages of having dental implants today, so read to the end.
Dental implants have become a great alternative to dentures, because they are small appliances that are inserted into the jawbone upper and / or lower operating by way of tooth root and help “save mouths” who have lost some teeth, have few or no non-restorable teeth.
Given the wide range of dental implants, and its growing popularity in people who need cash replacing one or several teeth, we have created this list, so your able to see its advantages and disadvantages, and help you make the best possible decision.
The advantages of dental implants:
- Prevent deterioration of the remaining healthy through constant use of removable dentures.
- We provide excellent support and stability in the mouth when chewing.
- They help you to have a proper chewing of a variety of foods than other tooth replacement systems will be impossible to consume.
- We provide a natural feel compared to more approximate real teeth than traditional dentures.
- Improve your self-esteem because your appearance and speech improved considerably.
- I will not cause rejections motivated by antigen-antibody responses as they are manufactured from sterile synthetic biologically compatible materials.
- We ensure superior durability for which they are specially designed, enduring in time to for over 25 years.
- Because dental implants replace the roots of the teeth, the bone will be preserved better. The opposite of conventional dentures, the bone that previously where the roots of missing teeth were, begins to resorb. Integrated with the maxillary dental implants, will help you maintain a healthy and intact bone.
- Dental implants do not harm natural teeth where neighbors replaced. Unlike other common treatments for the loss of several teeth, such as bridges or removable partial dentures using the surrounding teeth to grip, with consequent wear them.
- The dental implant is much easier to clean.
On the other hand, despite the many positive qualities that have dental implants, we cannot fail to point out some issues that could be considered disadvantages for this dental system:
- The dental implant requires a greater investment of money a removable denture or fixed bridge. However, when you consider that they can take on average more than twice as long as the other partial solutions, you realize that investment worth from the start.
- The dental implant requires minor surgery for insertion of the prosthesis, so be careful with infections, mainly people who smoke have to be careful with the area where the surgery was performed.
- The physician should take all possible precautions, since the surgery, the maxillary sinus can sometimes occur, or there is any damage to the inferior alveolar nerve as a result of these incidents can be permanent sequelae.
As you saw, are greater advantages than disadvantages, and disadvantages, at the end of all, do not represent an insurmountable problem, since in our Latin countries will find the lowest cost clinics, and highly trained doctors who know exactly take all possible care. All you would have would be your ability to keep well maintained and fit for your dental implant will last a lifetime.